This week, we talk to new Googler (Noogler) Dannie Fountain about how she has been fired three times in her career so far and she’s only 23! She also chats burn out, living like a nomad, and how failure never goes away – but for Dannie, she makes her voice louder than failure’s dull roar. We found her super inspiring and also super down-to-earth – and she even put up with Kristin’s endless Google wordplay. Don’t miss this episode!
Dannie Lynn Fountain is a marketing strategist and whip-smart whiskey drinker. Currently working at Google, Dannie honed her skills working in marketing for brands such as Whirlpool and H&R Block. She has a combined 9 years experience as an entrepreneur and strategist. Today, she works with entrepreneurs and corporate clients alike to brainstorm, strategize, and implement strategic marketing processes to better their business and increase their sales. Beyond strategy, Dannie is the author of four books on entrepreneurship and a regular speaker on strategy worldwide. Her work has been submitted to and recognized by Cannes Lions, the Effies, and more.
Show Notes (will be completed soon – we have the flu!)
- (2:00) Dannie introduces herself! Buckle up – she has a potty mouth (her words, not ours).
- (4:50) Who hasn’t moonlighted as a tax preparer at H&R Block??
- (6:40) Most people say they have an assistant. Dannie has a Caitlin.
- (9:00) Dannie’s failure story! It might enrage you, like it did us.
- (16:08) After also being laid off twice after getting fired, Dannie figured the universe was telling her something.
- (17:25) How Dannie began to work through the aftermath of failure.
- (16:50) “It took the universe beating me across the face to pick up on that clue [to start my business].” – Dannie
- (17:27) “It took a lot of trusting myself and believing that I knew what the right next step was, but I have come a long way.” – Dannie