Full disclosure: this was technically our second time recording with Ashley! The first recording didn’t save her audio track, so she very kindly agreed to try it all again with us. Ashley is a bubbly, heart-filled lady – and this episode is a treat because we got to hear where that all comes from and how much she loves to pass it along to others.
Inspirational speaker and movement maker, Ashley Beaudin is the visionary behind The Imperfect Boss; a movement that is making imperfect normal and inspiring tens of thousands of creative women to become real and confident in life and business. Ashley is known for her passionate, authentic and dynamic voice. Her voice and work have been featured in publications and events such as Mind Body Green, Combining Passions, Wild Hearts Conference, Belong Magazine and many more. When she is not out there inspiring and gathering women, you’ll likely find her going hearts eyes over bright colors or looking for a fun donut shop.
- (2:43) Ashley’s vision for the Imperfect Boss
- (3:33) What’s the capital of Canada? Anyone?
- (5:30) Ashley loves heart-to-hearts, donuts, and bright colors!
- (7:05) Ashley explores her recent struggle and failure
- (11:30) When you live in Canada, “South of the border” means something different
- (17:00) Ashley’s journey with subscription boxes
- (22:50) Kristin creates “The Imperfect Box”
- (24:25) Learning not to take feedback personally
- (24:42) Deciding who gets to speak into your business
- (25:49) The tendency to invert the feedback pyramid
- (27:29) We might not discover our strengths if we don’t face failure
- (29:30) Kristin has a moment!
- (32:09) Imperfect Boss and HTF, two different approaches with the same heart
- (33:12) How do you sell something that’s so intangible?
- (34:16) We’re Mc-Mastering Failure! (Tina’s last name is McMasters…)
- (38:30) Do you ever feel like you’re faking it?
- (41:41) Ashley is our confidence goal!
- (42:30) Summing up Ashley’s relationship with failure
- (13: 20) “How can I create better experiences that fully support people to show up?” – Ashley
- (21:50) “Is there more stress than there is value in this for my brand? Is there more stress than there is value for my customers? Could I actually do something that would help people more with my time and energy?” – Ashley
- (24:42) “What is the list or priority of people that have access to give me feedback?” – Ashley
- (26:30) “Failure gives me more than it takes.” – Ashley
- (29:10) “We gotta stop taking the validation away from the people closest to us when they give us their feedback and opinions.” – Kristin
- (29:54) “I’m so motivated by – ‘What’s on the other side of my perseverance?’ ‘What’s on the other side of my discomfort?’ And what’s on the other side of it for me is women who are set free, or women who are empowered to do what they love.” – Ashley
- (30:20) “I’m a thousand percent confident that if I’m honest, that someone else can be set free, someone else can be less alone.” – Ashley
- (32:14) “We want you listening to feel less alone.” – Kristin
- (41:22) “I’m confident – not because they think I’m awesome. But I’m confident because I have amazing things to offer the world.” – Ashley